Join us for an all-day Optician Workshop led by
Lynn E. Lawrence, CMSgt(ret), CPOT, ABOC, COA, OSC.*
Sunday, July 28, 2019
9am – 6pm
80 Seven Hills Blvd Bldg 200
Dallas GA 30132
You can earn up to 8 hours of ABO and/or NCLE credits.
In addition, these courses are set up as an excellent opportunity to study for preparation of the ABO examination!
Approved by the Georgia Board of Licensed Opticians
Limited to 20 attendees – Hope to see you there!
$150 Early Bird before June 30th
Topics of Discussion
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY (2 Hours) How the eye works from the eyes to the brain. Includes structures, muscles, cranial nerves, tear film, and visual pathway.
- MY LAST NERVE (1 hour) All about those cranial nerves! What are they called, and what do they do? Why should they matter
- WHAT EVERY TECH SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OCULAR EMERGENCIES (1 Hour) What is urgent vs a true emergency? Triaging phone calls, and walk-in patients.
- PHARMACOLOGY FOR TECHNICIANS (1 Hour) Basic understanding of common ocular pharmacology, correct application techniques, and terms
- HANDS-ON SKILLS WORKSHOP (3 Hour Lab) 10 Pre-Screening techniques performed in a routine examination. Attendees will be educated on the purpose of each test, enjoy a demonstration, and then be asked to perform them with immediate feedback and evaluation.
About Lynn E. Lawrence, CMSgt(ret), CPOT, ABOC, COA, OSC.
Lynn E. Lawrence is currently a national lecturer and an ophthalmic technician for Mills Eye and Facial Plastic Surgery. He is an approved speaker for the American Optometric Association, American Board of Opticianry, and Joint Commission for Allied Healthcare Personnel in Ophthalmology.
He retired after 30 years of service in the United States Air Force. During his military career he was promoted to Chief Master Sergeant and worked directly for the Air Force Surgeon General’s Office where he was appointed as the Ophthalmic Career Field Manager for 540 Optometry/ Ophthalmology technicians at 90 locations and overseeing quality control for 133 optical stores world-wide.
He currently develops training, compliance, and staff development materials because of his passion to see others grow in their professions and advance in certification. Lynn has been a COPE approved speaker since 2008.